Sunday, August 3, 2014

One week left!! 39 Weeks

One week left, so we hope!! 3 days left till my due date!! This week was fairly uneventful, we had our 39 week appointment where we were told another ultrasound needed to be done to check her size and fluid levels, as my stomach is still larger than normal.  The next day we went back for the ultrasound we found out that she is 8.6lbs and in the 90th percentile. The good news is that everything is normal (still not dilated) so we wait till my next appointment for direction from my Dr. but not until Friday...feels like an eternity from now!!

39 Weeks

Being shy this week with her hand in front of her face, but hard for her to hide those chubby chubby cheeks!!

Friday night we got to have dinner with Dave's friends from Kellogg Chris and Kim, it's always great to see them especially since Chris is living in Brazil currently.  He's hopefully in town for the week so the guys can spend a little more time together before he heads back.  They were so sweet and joined us back at our place after dinner so I could stay of my very large feet and we all hung out on the deck!

Based on the lack of progress we decided that heading out of the city to Barrington would keep me distracted and give us something to do.  We had a wonderful lunch at the club on the patio and then the boys headed off to play golf, while my mom and I just hung out and spent some quality girl time together.  On our way home Brisco showed his unappreciative for the fact that his usual driving seat has been taken by my belly and squeezed his way in there.  It was pretty cute that he was determined to sit on my lap. 

HOLY BABY BUMP

Dave has also finally gotten his birthday present, his new bike! It's really a nice bike but the best part is how into the whole biking thing he has become.  Biking apparel, water bottle, helmet, shoes that all match the bike. He has assured me that there are plenty of gifts to still get him for the holidays so woohoo.  I think it's so great how into fitness he has become this last year, his hard work is really paying off and he looks fantastic! Now we just need to get this momma motivated, thank goodness I have a really great partner. 


Auntie Kara stopped by on Sunday for a visit which was so nice of her.  She was downtown for a brunch and then swung over to hang, we got to catch up, she saw the finished nursery, we laughed! We truly are very lucky to have such amazing friends that are so excited about the pending arrival.  The amount of love and support that we have received through the pregnancy and especially the last month of dinners, texts, emails has been really special.  We can't wait to introduce everyone to our little angel. 

How far along?  39 Weeks
How Big Is Baby this week? She is the size of a Watermelon or a WaLtermelLon get it :P
Total weight gain/loss: 40 eekk
Latest purchase: Bought some items to go with my new pump
Stretch marks? Notta
Sleep: I have been extremely hot at night, so much so dave gets me an icepack to cool me down EVERY night - sorry for the wake up call :)
Best moment this week: Seeing baby girl on the ultrasound chubby as ever!!
Funniest moment this week: Catching up with Auntie Kara on Sunday and laughing about everything
Miss anything? Who knows at this point 
Movement: She is an active little one, hopefully that means she's a good sleeper??
Food cravings: My appetite is insane, I can literally eat double of what i used to
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
How Big is the belly: 41cm still ahead of the game 
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: light contractions
Anything swollen? ME!!! 
Best way to describe my mood: Super happy this week, got a lot down for work feel prepared to be out now. 
Looking forward to: Meeting our daughter!!! Who knows the next blog post could have pictures of her


No comments:

Post a Comment