Sunday, April 6, 2014

22 Weeks

Well I got my first stranger congratulating me this week... no hiding the bump these days! I'm starting to get stir crazy in this weather, Chicago has had the worst winter in 30 years and I'm over it.  We finally made our arrangements for our babymoon! We are headed to Charleston, SC and are so excited to lay on the beach, relax and explore the city.  Counting down the days till we are there... 35 days to go.  Baby Girl is the size of a Papaya this week and is a mover and shaker in there.  It seems like she's going to be a night owl like us, I guess no surprise there. 


22 Weeks

We've started to make some progress in the nursery.  We have a pretty clear theme for her room. We bought her crib this week, picked out the changing table/dresser, glider and have narrowed down the paint colors.  We also started emptying the "man cave" we almost have the closet cleaned out (on one side at least) :) A lot of which is now at your nana and papa's basement.... and your Auntie Jess came by this weekend and bought our bookshelf.  So happy that she was able to make it work for her place!  





Dave and I had a nice date night out on Saturday at Summer House in Lincoln Park.  We are trying to hit a bunch of restaurants we've been wanting to try before Baby Girl makes her arrival.  Brisco was a happy boy this weekend too, he got in two really great walks around the pond and lake, praying this weather continues to improve. 


How far along? 22 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10+ lbs gained so far
Maternity clothes? Yes, I've been buying a lot online and returning a lot at the same time, sometimes I'm finding just buying a larger size vs. maternity fits me better. 
Stretch marks? No - using the cocoa butter every day that Lorin gave me!
Sleep: Has been better the last week, it must be the 4 pillows all around me; poor Dave  
Best moment this week: Started buying nursery furniture. 
Miss Anything? Tuna!! I want to go to Toro so bad!
Movement: Starting to feel her from the outside, however everytime Dave tries to catch it he misses it. 
Food cravings: Continues to be sweets, chocolate, cookies, Ice cream. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not anymore
Have you started to show yet: Caution; WIDE LOAD
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Anything swollen? Not yet - but considering buying compression socks. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to:  Finalizing a paint color. 

1 comment: